The Ontario DockDog Dollar Program:
We always welcome volunteers to help us with the many jobs it takes to put on an event. As the saying goes “many hands make light work”. In appreciation for helping your club out, we will be handing out Ontario DockDog Dock Dollars!! The more you volunteer, the more you earn and the more you save!!!
Here is how it works:
• Each Ontario DockDog Dock Dollar (ODD$) equals FIVE dollars.
• Club Members can use ODD$’s to take up to 50% off: Club membership fees, Club merchandise, Wave fees (Onsite, club waves only)
• Non-Club Members can earn ODD$ to use towards a Club Membership up to a maximum of 50% of the membership fee. Club Membership must be applied for and paid for by end of same event ODD$’s are earned.
• You can volunteer your time online before an event by visiting the sign up page. (Link will be emailed to all members before an event.) Or you can volunteer on site by signing up at the Registration Desk or with the Volunteer Coordinator.
• At the event, please check in with the Volunteer Coordinator. We ask this so we know how many volunteer positions will be filled and how many will still need to be filled.
• After you have finished your volunteer time slot, please check in with the Volunteer Coordinator again and get your ODD$’s.
• ODD$’s will have an expiration date of 1 year from date of issue.
• Lost or misplaced ODD$’s cannot be replaced.
• If you have questions or want to sign up to help, you can email the ODD Volunteer Coordinator.
• The 2017 Volunteer Coordinator is Bonnie Lariviere and can be reached at ontariodockdogsclub[at]gmail.com
We need help with:
Setup…………………………Receive 3 ODD$ Work with the DockDogs personnel and ODD club officers setting up event & pool. Assist staging personnel with unloading and setup of dock. Tent and registration booth including electrical hook-ups, and banner placements. Setting up the crating area.
Tear-down…………………Receive 3 ODD$ Work with the DockDogs personnel and ODD club officers, and staging personnel in breaking down the event, tents, pool, including tear down and loading of dock. Pool requires draining, breaking down parts, inventorying, and loading ODD trailer.
Swag Tent …………………Receive 1 ODD$ per time slot
Help with selling club merchandise, hand out wave ribbons and specialty tasks such as selling raffle tickets etc.
Wrangler……………………Receive 1 ODD$ per wave Get list of competitors from the Event Administrator. During waves, make sure that competitors are in line and ready for their turn on the dock. Work with announcer to keep the wave moving and on time. This person is “in charge’ of the dock during the competition, and/or during practice time preceding a wave. This person’s responsibility is to make sure dogs and handlers are safe. This is the person to enforce the Dock Dogs Rules, which will be provided.
Scorekeeper…………………Receive 1 ODD$ per wave
This position assists the judges by recording each jump’s final score.
Timer …………………………Receive 1 ODD$ per wave
Two timers are needed for Speed Retrieve. (stopwatches provided)
Announcer……………………Receive 1 ODD$ per wave This duty is typically handled by a club officer or board member. But during each wave this person needs a break, or would like to compete with their dog. This position is best for someone who is comfortable talking to a crowd, and may know about dogs and handlers who are competing.